Trending TopicsAdvertising Applications App of the Week Branding Design Facebook Information Design Innovation Legal Industry Marketing Mobile Mobile apps On Branding Online Communications On Technology Photography Productivity Professional Services SEO Site of the Week Site Usability Social Media Social Networking Thought Leadership Twitter Video Web Design Web Development website design Website Launch
Brand Thinking Blog
Posted on October 27, 2010 at 9:25 am
Each week we’re going to share some brief, practical ways to integrate your online strategy with your marketing plan. Dig in. Enjoy!
Reduce Cost Per Lead
When budget cuts hit and you feel overwhelmed, start with the math: Reduce your cost per lead.
- Measure the value of opportunities created by each channel. Identify all your channels. Say there are 10—whitepaper, annual review, Big Idea, email, webinar, then give each one a value of 10%. Ask leads what promotional channels they noticed.
- Calculate each channel’s cost.
- Dial back on high-cost activities (e.g. swap large trade shows for smaller shows, or change objectives for each show).
- Expand use of low-cost activities.
- Increase use of virtual thought-leadership events.
- Try new stuff; e.g. online film series, host videos on a microsite promoted through email, social and PR.
- Have us help.
Next Week: Generate Leads With Social Media
Write a comment