Trending TopicsAdvertising Applications App of the Week Branding Design Digital Cookbook Facebook Information Design Innovation Legal Industry Marketing Mobile Mobile apps On Branding Online Communications On Technology Productivity Professional Services SEO Site of the Week Site Usability Social Media Social Networking Thought Leadership Twitter Video Web Design Web Development website design Website Launch
Brand Thinking Blog
Posted on December 8, 2010 at 9:35 am
Create Engaging Biographical Profiles
Great marketing previews what it’s like to work with you, so reveal the personality of individuals in advance of meeting. Remember: a great biography is a portal into your firm’s primary asset – the individual.
- Reveal your people’s personalities in advance of meeting them through video, podcasts, quotes, personal interests, etc.
- Position individuals as important, confident, and leaders; showcase accolades.
- Obvious, but we’ll say it: include name, title, contact info, social media links, education and achievements alongside the narrative of their experience.
- Lose the high school headshot. Celebrate the individual with a dynamic photo that makes the individual appear engaging, personable and approachable.
- Cross-link to their service areas, publications, speaking events, office page, case studies, etc. Use inline links to other publications and organizations in the narrative.
- Consider having more than one biography tailored to an industry or subject matter expertise; today’s content management systems make this possible if you have the content at the ready.
Write a comment