- Brand Research + Strategy
- Brand Design
- Brand Technology
- Brand Awareness
How wonderfully collaborative G/B has been and what a great process…you always take our comments seriously but you also push back and that makes [us] feel confident [we] are in good hands.
Choate Hall & Stewart
Client Loyalty Research
Ask the majority of service firm leaders if their firms are doing client feedback in a systematic way and they’ll say “yes;” but when we ask clients if their firms request feedback on service and performance, the answer is almost always “rarely” or “never.”
Clearly the typical service firm’s approach to client feedback is not resonating with their clients. So where’s the disconnect?
Many professionals and firm leaders believe they are doing client feedback when they meet with clients to thank them at the end of a matter or deal, conduct social or leadership visits, or conduct statistically valid client satisfaction research with a standard questionnaire. Meanwhile clients view those activities more accurately as business development calls, thank you visits or research that is not specifically about them.
Professional service firms and business-to-business providers need to look at client feedback through the client’s lens. Continuous monitoring of client feedback shares specific insights on how to optimize client relationships.
When Should You Commission Client Loyalty Research?
Other research programs may be triggered by particular events in the life of your firm. Your Client Loyalty Research program should begin the first day your firm opens its doors. Continuous client feedback is fundamental to a successful, well-run firm in business for the long haul.
Client Loyalty Research Includes:
- Interviews with firm management
- Focus groups with clients
- Web surveys of partners and associates
- Ongoing telephone surveys of clients
- Continuous reporting of client-by-client opportunities and problems
- Strategic analysis of client feedback to drive practice group and firmwide changes
Done the Right Way, You Will Learn:
- How to increase "share-of-wallet" from key clients
- Which clients offer cross-service opportunities
- How to increase referrals from clients
- How to stay in touch with your clients' changing needs
- What to do next—how to prioritize marketing and management initiatives
- What key information is being withheld by your clients